Thursday, January 11, 2007

Good friends, Disney World memories, getting back to normal

  1. I had a phone call today from a very dear friend, Cheryl, the maid of honor at my wedding. We had lost touch with each other, mostly because of us moving to Luxembourg. I sent her a Christmas card this year on a lark, just in case they were still at the old address, or that maybe someone would forward the card. They weren't at that address, but the card was delivered instead to her in-laws' house, and eventually sent on to her. When she got the letter she called me so that we could catch up.

    Cheryl is one of those people that I connected with right away from the first day we met. I remember someone asking us how long we'd been friends as we were sitting and chatting at a church lunch. Cheryl said, "Oh, about 40 minutes." It was just always like that with her. We just have so much in common. And even after all these years, and even with me being AWOL for a time, we still have a lot in common.

  2. My oldest daughter got out the scrapbook from our first trip to Disney World, which turned out to be five years ago today. It was nice to remember that trip. We went with my parents, and it was a really bonding experience for the kids and them. And Disney is just such a wonderful place to visit anyway.

  3. My youngest girls cleaned up a lot of the Christmas mess that was still living in our living room. Now we just need to get the tree put away and the boxes moved, and the living room will be back to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home