Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Recipes with zucchini, scrapbook time, piano sounds

  1. I've been on a kick lately making up new recipes to try to stay out of a dinner-time rut. Tonight we had Chicken and Vegetables Italiano with chicken, zucchini, and broccoli. It was somewhat similar to last week's Chicken and Vegetables Mexicali with chicken, zucchini, rice, and beans, but not similar enough so that anyone complained. I'm certain that my mother is amazed that I cook so much with zucchini since I wouldn't eat it as a child, but I've found that it's a very flexible vegetable when you're trying to make up new things to eat.

  2. I made some time this afternoon to work on my scrapbook from our trip around Europe last March. It's nice to be scrapbooking again. I spent a good part of the day looking up places and roads on Google maps because I hadn't taken good enough notes when we were there, and it's been almost a year now, and I wasn't always completely with-it when I was there to begin with being only 2 weeks post-op.

  3. The kids are back to school with a light week (a reading week), except that they have to practice their piano again. I didn't make them practice last week, but I realize now that I really miss it when they don't practice. I guess that sometimes it's just too quiet in the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home