Sunday, January 14, 2007

Driving, noise, cleanliness

  1. I sometimes let my oldest daughter drive the quarter mile up or down our driveway, or let her practice pulling the car out of the garage. This afternoon as she started the car, the Alan Jackson song "Drive" was on the car radio. In the song he reminisces about how he felt like a race car driver when he was a kid and his dad let him drive. The look on my daughter's face when she got the car up to 20 miles per hour for the very first time told me that she understood that song. (Just one more year before she gets her learner's permit to drive on public roads.)

  2. My youngest daughter got the game "Yahtzee" for her birthday. We thought she would enjoy the game (and so would the rest of the family, so she'd have people to play with), but I had no idea how much she would love it. She is so happy when she's making noise, and she can make a lot of noise with five dice in a big plastic cup. The more we plugged our ears, the bigger she smiled. (It also helped her enjoyment that she got 3 Yahtzees in her first game and beat us all by at least 200 points.)

  3. I didn't have to cook all day yesterday or today, and my husband ran two loads full in the dishwasher, so I had a nice, relaxing weekend, for the most part, and the kitchen is clean, for the most part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home