Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Time for vacation to end

I've been taking a break from a lot of things the past two months. I was working very hard to get ready for school to start, and with my youngest in junior high now, and two high-school-aged students, I had a bit of a meltdown. I seemed to really be missing my dad again, and not finding time for scrapbooking or independent research, then kinds of things that keep me sane. When I get like that, I've discovered that it's generally best to keep to myself, and then once I had gotten out of the habit of blogging, it was difficult to get back into the swing of it. But I promised myself I would start again on October 1, so I'm back and going strong.

The biggest changes over the past two months are that we finally settled on a church home after over two years of living in Tennessee. We joined First United Methodist last Sunday.

Also, the girls have started school: 7th, 9th, and 10th grades this year. They are all active in youth activities at our new church. I'm still working at my consulting business and part-time for Belmont University.

We also had one minor incident: my husband was in an accident last Wednesday. He was riding on his motorcycle, doing the speed limit of 45, when he was hit head-on by a car. He flipped over the hood of the car and landed on his back, but all his protective gear seems to have done its job because he walked away from the accident with only bruises and muscle aches. Now we are just going through the process of dealing with the other guy's insurance.

I look forward to sharing our lives with you all once again.

ttfn,
Catherine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home