Sunday, July 13, 2008

Church in Nashville (or close enough to Nashville), The Italian Job, IMDB reviews

  1. We visited a new church today, and I felt like we had finally crossed the line between the "country" churches and the Nashville churches. This was the first church I had ever attended that had a steel guitar as part of the "band". This was also the first Assembly of God church I had been to in a very long time with an organ. And, I had never really imagined a steel guitar and an organ playing at the same time. It was an interesting experience. (They also had a piano, drums, and a bass guitar in the band.)

  2. We watched The Italian Job on DVD, and I could actually understand Mark Wahlberg. He usually mumbles too much for me to understand him (see for example, Planet of the Apes from 2001.)

  3. The sci-fi lovers in the house watched The Beast of Yucca Flats yesterday evening. They told me it was the worst movie ever (and it's my fault it's in the house because I bought a box full of "Horror Classics" for my middlest daughter for Christmas). They were telling me about the movie, and I decided to look it up on IMDB. I laughed so hard at the reviews. You can click here to read them for yourself. I particularly enjoyed the one titled "Useful as meditation device" from 13 June 2005 by drmality-1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home