Saturday, February 17, 2007

Big snow for us, bean soup, free time

  1. Today we've had our biggest snowfall of the year. I'm not crazy about snow (as I've mentioned before), but I like the way it makes everything look so clean and white. In the city, snow gets all brown and yucky. Tomorrow it will be sunny here and above freezing, so the snow never lasts that long. I know that in East Tennessee when I was growing up, if the snow stayed on the ground for three days straight they would say that is was "laying for another one" and that almost never happened. I don't think this snow will be here long enough for another snow to come. And in the meanwhile, I don't have anywhere to go, so I can sit inside and look at all the pretty white.

  2. We had navy bean soup today for lunch. I've had a run of bad luck when it comes to cooking beans the past few months, but I think my streak is broken. It turned out really good, and everyone was happy for warm soup and cornbread for lunch.

  3. I had a lot to do today for some clients, but it all went smoothly and I had some free time today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home