Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Encouragement, Abraham Lincoln, Alvin York

  1. A congratulatory note from a good friend and a former boss. When I first went to work for him, I thought he would drive me crazy. Now I'm so thankful for his support and encouragement.

  2. I told the girls that we were having Chinese food yesterday because Abraham Lincoln liked Chinese food. Tonight we had another one of Abe's favorites: Jambalaya. I like thinking about President Lincoln, even if I do have to make up stuff. I think that tomorrow we'll have pizza because President Lincoln loved to have pizza for Valentine's Day, I bet.

  3. I'm also enjoying the book we're reading right now for history about Alvin York. The girls and I get tickled by phrases like "I just done done it" and "That was right smart." He also uses the word "takened" instead of the word "took". But in the midst of all the Tennessean language is a really interesting story about an ordinary guy who lived a really extraordinary life. When we finish the book we're going to watch the movie with Gary Cooper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home