Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Voting, cleaning, and working on slides for courses

  1. We found our polling place, even though the address they gave us wasn't on any of the map sites like Windows Live Local. There wasn't a line, but I was a bit surprised at how slowly we were processed. I kept thinking, "They wouldn't be doing it this slow in Northern Virginia or people would complain too much about the lines and the wait." It brought home that the pace here really is a lot slower than in Fairfax County, and that was a big part of the reason to move to Tennessee.
  2. We picked up in the dining room and took a load of trash to recycle, and then I picked up the living room, vacuumed the dining room, hall, and living room, and I washed a lot of dishes. I also got my husband's work clothes washed. The house looks and smells good.
  3. My oldest daughter gave her approval of my slide template for the courses I've been working on for my consulting company. It feels really good to be working toward a goal again, to have something concrete to do to related to my "other" job, the one that isn't cooking, cleaning, and teaching the kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home