Sunday, November 19, 2006

Quiet time alone, orange Tootsie-Pop, singing tenor with Daddy

  1. Quiet Sunday afternoons when my husband is asleep and the kids are playing quietly upstairs, and I have a chance to read or to work, to do what I want.
  2. An orange Tootsie-Pop. Someone at church gave it to my youngest, and she gave it to me. I don't remember how long it's been since I had a Tootsie-Pop.
  3. We sang the hymn "Count Your Blessings" today at church, and I couldn't remember the last time I had sung it. I have very clear memories of singing that song with my dad. I was too young to read the words, but I would stand on the pew so that I could share the hymnal with Daddy, even though I couldn't read it, because Daddy would point at the notes for the tenor part, and we'd sing higher when the notes went up. He told me back then it was a good song to learn the tenor part on because it was mostly just two notes. Now when I sing that song I'm reminded my dad, and what a blessing he is to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home