Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Pickle dogs, My Mother's Hymn Book, Christmas music

  1. We discovered that our hot dog buns had "sell by" dates of last week, so we decided to use the hot dog buns for lunch. The girls had hot dogs, but I made myself pickle dogs. I used to make them as a kid with dill pickle spears wrapped in American cheese and heated in the toaster oven. I didn't have any dill pickle spears, so I made them with layers of sliced pickles and shredded cheddar cheese and heated in the microwave. Even though they weren't the same exactly, they still tasted good, and it brought back happy memories of my childhood.
  2. I find new treasures every day that I get some boxes unpacked. Today's treasure: my CD of "My Mother's Hymn Book" by Johnny Cash.
  3. For our Latin assignments this month, we're learning some Christmas songs in Latin, like "Adeste Fideles", "Veni, Veni Emanuel", and "Resonent in Laudibus". The girls are practicing for Christmas with their piano lessons also. My husband hates Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving comes, but I love having Christmas music in the house, and it's all for a good reason, so he can't complain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home