Thursday, October 09, 2008

Back to Belmont (after Fall Break and Debate 08)

  1. The fences were coming down at Belmont today after the debate, and finding a parking space was a piece of cake. My oldest came with to Belmont today because we came straight from Spanish class, so I explained to her how to walk downhill both ways from and to the car.

  2. Today was "e-day" for my Belmont students. I love tell them about the mathematical constant "e" and about my freshman-year roommate Kathy from Texas. My oldest said that she loves to hear me tell stories and feels lucky that she gets to hear my stories more than once (unlike my Belmont students).

  3. Each Belmont faculty and adjunct got a left-over press kit today. Inside a sort-of nice bag was some junk about the Nashville area, etc., but it also had some food from Tennessee (Goo-goo clusters and Moon Pies, just to name a few), some flower seeds, a nice long-sleeved t-shirt, and a thumb drive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home