Thursday, June 19, 2008

Amazing progress on a pet project of mine, on the phone, fresh cherries

  1. Though I have many jobs, because it's summer, I don't have to worry so much about teaching the girls or teaching at Belmont, so I've been focusing on the consulting part of my life. One of the things that I would really like to do more of is teach time series short courses, and my goal is to get the courses on the web. But my courses are copyrighted, so I can't just put them up for anyone to see. Today I made a huge breakthrough!!! I am learning PHP, and I'm finding some wonderful free code, and I'm finally beginning to think that I can really get this done this summer. My goal is to have the slides on the web, with notes and sound files of me talking, and have it all password protected.

  2. Today I spent a lot of time on the phone for the first time in a long time. It's so good to talk to Kathy, and my mom and I got things settled for a vacation this summer and a trip for my middlest to "knitting camp" with Grandma. I also had a very nice conversation with a new client.

  3. Nice, sweet cherries for desert after lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home