Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday, Monday, Happy Birthday!, my groove

  1. A good start to the week for the girls and for me

  2. Happy Birthday to Kathy!

  3. Watching a "history" movie this evening. My oldest convinced me that we needed to watch The Emperor's New Groove because she was studying early American cultures in history.

    It was fun to watch it for my own family's history. For example, I remember when the girls were little and would quote lines from the movie to me.
    A girl: Oh, and by the way, you're fired.
    Me: Fired? What do you mean, "fired"?
    A girl: Um, how else can I say it? "You're being let go." "Your department's being downsized." "You're part of an outplacement." "We're going in a different direction." "We're not picking up your option." Take your pick. I've got more.

    And when I'm driving down a steep hill, they still like to tell me, "Yzma, Yzma, put your hands in the air!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home