Sunday, January 28, 2007

Gloves and earmuffs, $1.959, God's hand in X-bar charts

  1. It's really cold here today. After I dropped off my youth for choir practice this afternoon, I stopped for some gasoline. It was really cold and windy---the coldest weather we've experienced since we moved back to the States in April. I was really missing my ear muffs, and I put my hands in my pockets to keep my hands warm as I waited for the gasoline to pump. My ear muffs were in my coat pocket! I'm not sure, but I think I hadn't worn my coat since I came home from the hospital last March. It was just such a nice surprise to find gloves and ear muffs on such a cold, windy day.

  2. I only paid $1.959 per gallon for gasoline.

  3. While working on some statistics homework tonight with a client, I was sure I had all the formulas right for making X-bar charts. I was *so* confident that I didn't look it up. But then she couldn't get the computer to take the answers from my formulas, so I looked up the formulas, and I had them wrong. If the computer had taken the answers from my formulas, she would have missed it and the computer would have given her more problems to do. She and I have been working together on this assignment for a couple of weeks now, and the computer is NOT forgiving at all, even for simple things like rounding. But God was watching out for my over-confidence tonight. We fixed the formulas, and we finished the section on X-bar charts. It was a bright spot in an otherwise really yucky set of homework problems. But the best news of all is that we finished the assignment completely before its due date!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home