Thursday, January 25, 2007

Pink frost, still our deers, Spanish for free

  1. I love heavy frosts in the morning. When the sun first comes up, everything that is frosted turns pink. Then the frost on the short grass in the lawn melts first and sparkles, while the tall grass in the fields is still frosty. Against all the sparkling and frost are the cedars growing out by the rocks, tall and dark against all the frost in the fields. It takes your breath away.

  2. Four deer down by the pond today. I've been so nervous for them all through hunting season, but not only are they all still alive, they don't seem to be any more afraid of us than they were before hunting season started.

  3. As part of my efforts to help out with household expenses, I signed up with one of those survey companies to be paid to take surveys. I checked it out before I started because many of them are scams, but some of them give you free products to try at home. My first free product to try at home arrived in the mail today---free language CD's to improve my Spanish. My husband laughs at me because I'm not really bringing in anything to the household that's practical and saves us money (I wouldn't have bought these CD's if I'd had to pay), but the girls and I will have fun testing them out, and I will have a chance to improve my Spanish. Which really means learn some Spanish. The only Spanish I know I learned from Sesame Street or from going to Mexico on business and trying to talk to people in Latin and letting them guess at what Spanish word I meant. An unorthodox way to learn, but I remember those conversations with Gilberto. We'll see if these new CD's are as memorable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home