Thursday, December 21, 2006

Magic Easy Erasing pads, three-layered baking racks, getting ready

  1. Scotch-Brite Easy Erasing Pad. Wendy, a lady I met at church, told me about her experiences with Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser, and I was tempted to by one, but I couldn't find them at the store. Then later, I saw the Scotch-Brite sponges that said on the package, "Compare to Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser." I bought a pack of two. It really is like magic.

    I wish I had taken a "before" picture of my bath tub. When we first moved into the house, the tub wasn't really very clean, and I scrubbed and scrubbed, but I couldn't get the gunk off the bottom of the tub or off the grab bar in the tub, and I needed the grab bar because of my broken leg, and I was constantly being disgusted. Then my husband was taking showers after working at a break pad factory, and the bottom of the tub was black with break pad dust. So he stopped that, but that dust stuck to the gunk in the bottom of the tub, and I still couldn't get the bottom of the tub clean. Until the magic easy erasing pad. It was amazing. I had tried Soft Scrub. I had tried all kinds of multi-purpose cleaners. They would only make the tiniest dents in the gunk, and only with lots of elbow grease on my part. And now it's clean. Really clean.

    There are nasty hard-water stains inside my commode, too, and when the magic easy eraser is almost ready to be thrown away, then I'm going to use it on the toilet bowl before I throw it away. It cleaned up hard-water problems in the tub, the brake pad dust, and strange blue stains on the floor. It really is like magic.

    OK, so I'm gushing, but this is really exciting news.

  2. Martha Stewart's three-layered baking racks. I'm not a huge fan of Martha Stewart, though I don't hate her guts either. But my mom gave me some Martha Stewart backing racks for cooling cookies, and I love them. I never had enough room for a full batch of cookies, and the racks I had took up so much space. Now we have more room for cookies, and they stack, so it takes up less space on the counter or the table. So cool.

  3. The kids are doing some present wrapping today. After yesterday's baking, and yesterday's present wrapping, and the grocery shopping last night for the weekend, I feel like we're in pretty good shape for Christmas, and not in too bad of shape for the January birthdays. I ordered something for my parents, too, and had it shipped to their house, and I think the timing on that worked out well also. It's all coming together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home