Friday, December 15, 2006

Finished the New Testament, my grandpa's organ, switching switches

  1. My youngest daughter finished reading the New Testament, a requirement for a special three-year project she's been working on. She's the first one in her class to finish the reading. We're all very excited.

  2. Last weekend we picked up the organ that my grandfather left to me when he passed away. My parents have been taking care of it for me. Today we moved it into the living room, and the girls had a great time trying out all the settings (stops). My oldest daughter is trying out my old organ books and working out some of her piano pieces for the organ also.


  3. My husband switched around the light switches for me today. I realize that if I explain myself, I will be demonstrating my obsessive compulsiveness, but the switches were really getting on my nerves. I feel that if you have two switches to the same light (such as and overhead light with switches at two different doors to the same room), then if both switches are off, the light should be off. (This means that if both switches are on, the lights will also be off, but that's just the price one has to pay.) The previous owners of this house felt that if both switches were on, then the lights should be on, which meant that if I wanted the lights off, then the switches couldn't match. OK, I know it all sounds very weird, but it was driving me crazy. I mentioned to my husband that I needed his dad to come visit us again so that he could turn some of the switches for me, and my husband decided that he would do it instead. (My father-in-law has helped me before in switching around light switches, like when you have three switches together that work for lights in some order, then the switches should be in the same order as the lights. My father-in-law understands these things.) So now I can switch off all the switches in the house at night, and all the lights will be off. Hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home