Sunday, November 04, 2007

All Saints Sunday

Our DSL has been spotty this week, at best, but now that it seems to be "on" this afternoon, I will post my notes from the rest of the week as well.
  1. The girls and I went to a very nice "All Saints Sunday" service at the organ church. They had a bell for everyone on the list of saints who had passed away the past year, and as they read more names, they rang more bells. It was pretty, but sad. I still really miss Dad, so it was a very emotional service for me.

  2. The hymns today were "For All the Saints" and "Faith of Our Fathers." I had my first Sunday with the choir. We sang "Children of the Heavenly Father" with the bell choir, "Cantique de Jean Racine," and "Sing Me to Heaven."

  3. The weather is sunny and windy, a perfect fall day. The sun was shining through the east window on my face during the service today. Even having "heavenly light" shining on me reminded me of my dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home