Saturday, September 01, 2007

New math, riding mower, movies

  1. We worked out a new plan for my oldest daughter's math class. I finally realized that the reason she is struggling with math already after only three weeks is that she's bored out of her mind. We picked up the pace, and she's doing better. So today we worked out a new schedule for her.

  2. My husband let me drive his riding lawn mower today. I have a bad reputation for breaking lawn mowers, but I did the back, one side yard, and the flat part of the front yard, and I didn't hit any rocks, stumps, or concrete edges of porches, etc, or drive off the edge of any steep hills (and we have a few). I probably didn't get as close to bushes and trees as my husband could have, but he was still grateful for the help. I guess poor help is better than no help at all. :-) I love the way that shadows of the trees look fuzzy when the grass is long, but they are so sharp after the grass has been cut. My husband let me borrow his ear protection, too. I think I could have enjoyed cutting the grass as a teenager if I'd had a riding mower and some ear protection.

  3. With the house in order and fairly clean, and with my teaching materials for the college students and my children in order, I was able to take a break this evening and watch a couple of Netflix movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home