Sunday, March 25, 2007

Trini Lopez, popsicles, naps and scrapbooks

  1. My mom is a big Tom Hanks fan, and I like him OK. She likes Sleepless in Seattle, and it's not my cup of tea. Except that I love the part in Sleepless when the guys are making fun of the women for liking the movie An Affair to Remember because I do cry at sappy movies, and I cry even when the movies are "action/adventure." Tom Hank's character confesses that he cried at the end of The Dirty Dozen. "Jim Brown was throwing these hand grenades . . . and . . . Trini Lopez . . . he busted his neck while they were parachuting down behind the Nazi lines . . ." He breaks down into lots of fake crying. But I knew exactly what he was talking about because I remember as a kid crying at the end of The Dirty Dozen. I watched it tonight with my kids, and they were quite emotional when Jim Brown was throwing those grenades. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

  2. At church today we sang the song "All Things are Possible," and it made all of us girls smile, remembering our friend Jocelyn who used to think the song was "All Things are Popsicles."

  3. An afternoon nap and still some time to scrapbook!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home