Thursday, March 15, 2007

Dinner out, gentle evening rain, Go Dook (go home, that is)

  1. My "youth" had a chance to go to dinner at their youth pastor's house. It was a nice change of pace for them, and it meant that I didn't have to cook a big supper.

  2. It's raining again. I love the sound of a nice, gentle rain, especially when I don't have anywhere else to go this evening.

  3. My baby and I had a chance to watch most of the second half of the Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) versus Duke game in the first round of the NCAA basketball tournament. I had an interview once, 25 years ago, at Duke, and the attitude there was that Southerners were too stupid to be able to go to school there. Everyone I've met from Duke since then has the same attitude. On that day 25 years ago, I walked away from that campus before my interview, and I've routed against them ever since. And tonight, VCU won 79-77. Fox Sports says that this is the first time since 1996 that Duke lost a first-round game in the NCAA tournament. Also, the loss "ended the Blue Devils' string of Sweet 16 appearances at nine. It was the longest active streak and second-longest behind North Carolina's 13-year run." It's so nice to see the extremely arrogant fall. Go Dook!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home