Monday, April 21, 2008

Multi-tasking, logarithms, reading

  1. This morning I managed to send email to clients and students, teach math to my kids, help my husband with his resume, and cook lunch --- all at the same time. It's nice to know that my multi-tasking skills are still intact.

  2. My oldest and I worked on logarithms today for her math class. I was feeling very emotional, thinking about my dad. She was, too. At one point, she leaned over and put her head on my shoulder and said, "You smell like Grandpa." And it was true. I was wearing one of his old Nebraska t-shirts that my mom had given me, and it still smelled like his cologne.

  3. My mom spent most of the day reading, and she told me that she was enjoying the quiet time. But in the afternoon my youngest came to me and said that Grandma must be really bored because she was doing nothing except reading. I told her that she should ask Grandma if she'd like to go for a walk down to the creek. My baby said, "I can't go. I haven't finished my reading for today." (I told her to go anyway, for Grandma's sake.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home