Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sick Leave

Apologies to everyone who reads the blog, but I just couldn't make it to the computer. First it was a party, and then I was really sick. When it's hard to function enough to keep everyone here alive, it's difficult to find the time for blogging.

But even though I haven't been able to blog, there are still plenty of things that make me smile. My biggest accomplishment was hosting a very successful birthday party for my oldest, and completely unpacking all the boxes in the dining room. I also have pictures of the living room with the curtains that I found earlier. Hooray!

The fireplace in the dining room:

Instead of big dish boxes on the hearth and in the alcove, it's mostly clear except for my youngest's school books, and the palm (which I'm going to re-pot this weekend because I finally found a pot I like.)

Now I can actually get to my china cabinet, instead of it being surrounded by dish boxes:


One of the big dish boxes had nothing inside except the contents of the china cabinet, which in our case, isn't china, but dolls and other mementos from our travels.



I also found a plant hanger in another box, so I hung up one of my smaller plants.


And now, instead of a stack of boxes in the corner, it's clear between the dining room and the front door.


The "new" curtains in the living room, though I guess it's too dark to really see them:


Again, apologies to everyone who reads the blog. I'll try to stay on schedule again now.

ttfn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home