Sunday, January 13, 2008

Singing "Pieces" for a future wedding, pizza buffet with cinnamon rolls, my daughter's smiles

  1. Hanging out with my middlest daughter and listening to the radio (loudly) as we drive.

    There are some songs where we've already worked out who is going to sing which part. One of our favorite songs to sing is "Leave the Pieces" by the Wreckers. When I was growing up, one of my favorite songs to sing with my dad was "Wild Montana Skies" by John Denver and Emmy Lou Harris. We would always tell my mom that we were going to sing that as a duet when I got married. Not that it's a bad song for a wedding, but it doesn't really have to do anything with weddings. (John Denver wrote it about his father.)

    As my daughter and I were singing "Leave the Pieces", I started thinking about singing that as a duet at her wedding. The thought made us both laugh because it's an even worse wedding song than "Wild Montana Skies."

    You're not sure that you love me,
    But you're not sure enough to let me go.
    Baby, it ain't fair, you know,
    To just keep me hangin' 'round.
    You say, you don't wanna hurt me,
    Don't wanna to see my tears.
    So why are you still standing here
    Just watching me drown?

    [Chorus]
    And it's alright, I'll be fine.
    Don't worry 'bout this heart of mine
    Just take your love and hit the road.
    There's nothing you can do or say
    You're gonna break my heart anyway
    So just leave the pieces when you go.

    Now you can drag out the heartache,
    Or, baby, you can make it quick.
    Really, get it over with
    And just let me move on.
    Don't concern yourself
    With this mess you've left for me.
    I can clean it up, you see,
    Just as long as you're gone.


  2. Pizza at Cici's to celebrate my husband's new promotion, a new year at Belmont for me, and birthdays or half-birthdays for the girls

  3. The smile on my oldest daughter's face after Sunday school and again after youth group

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home