Thursday, September 27, 2007

Orthodontist, strong teeth, e and President Jackson

  1. All three girls have appointments with the orthodontist. They are very excited. Though they aren't so excited to have braces, they would eventually like to have straighter teeth.

  2. All three girls have check-ups with the dentist, and all for free because of our dental insurance. After three years without seeing a dentist, we only had two cavities. I was amazed that it all went so well.

  3. I explained "e" to my class today. I told them that it's easy to remember it to 15 decimal places, and they should learn it so they can impress all their friends. I also told them that in Tennessee it's very important to learn about Andrew Jackson, and his significance to our country. For some reason, I think my students were laughing at me again today. The number "e" is "2 point 7, Jackson, Jackson, right isosceles triangle." Jackson is to remind you of the year 1828, the year that Jackson was first elected President, and a right isosceles triangle has angles that measure 45, 90 and 45 degrees. So e=2.718281828459045. Now YOU can impress all of your friends, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home