Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Gasoline prices, country quiet, and newsy letters

  1. Gasoline at the Murray's on Highway 231 in Murfreesboro was $1.999. That's the first time I've seen it for less than $2 a gallon in I don't know how long.
  2. We heard a helicopter go over the house today, and it really surprised us. Later, when I was in Murfreesboro, I noticed the sound of the interstate---that low sound of constant moving tires on pavement. We used to hear helicopters and interstate all the time. I'm so thankful to be away from all of that, at least most of the time. I love our quiet country house on our quiet country road.
  3. Getting a long, newsy email from my best friend. It's so much easier to laugh at things going on in my old office when I don't have to be there anymore. Thank you, Kathy, for cheering me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home